Monday, September 14, 2009

Who needs sleep?

I probably shouldn't be blogging from the Embassy, but I have a some down-time, so why not? Especially when I have a hilarious story to tell.

So the other night I woke up my roommate Kelsey because I was screaming in my sleep. When she jumped off the top bunk fearing for her life, she woke me up.

"Kelsey! I just had a dream we were at Ted Kennedy's grave, and these lavender ghosts were chasing us!" Hilarious. Poor Kelsey must think I am insane.

But now, I too, think I am freakin nuts.

Just now I opened my Iphone's notes to add something to a list. Wherein I found a note, created by me, at 3:38 this morning. This is what the note (to myself) said:

NYC orange city clenup.

Good to know. Glad I wrote that down. WTF? Apparently, I had a very important note to take in my sleep. I am so ashamed that I am that type of person.

I LITERALLY make lists in my sleep. While I should seek help about this, for now, I find it terribly amusing. For those of you who are interested, I took a moment to look into the possible meaning of this note. What I can configure is that I had a dream about these things, and felt it was important enough to write down. So, here are some common dream meanings of a) NYC, b) the color orange, and c) "clenup" which I presume to be "cleanup."

A) NYC

The "hub of the world."

1. To be alone in New York City without any friends or companions is symbolic of being totally on your own. Whatever projects or enterprises you're facing right now are likely to have to be done almost entirely on your own.

2. The bright lights of New York City at night, especially if they blink on and off, symbolize an encouraging message that the solution to a problem you've been wrestling with will come to you in a bolt of inspiration.

Hm. Okay, I can live with that.

B)The Color Orange

Orange symbolizes drive and ambition. It is an energizing color often prominent in career dreams.

Satisfactory to me. But what about this cleanup business?

C) Cleaning

To dream that you are cleaning, implies that you are removing some negativity in your life and overcoming major obstacles. You are moving ahead toward a new stage in your life.

So I don't have much time for analysis, I would say that this dream is related to my job here at the embassy. That I am alone, and trying very hard. Which is true. This also tells me that perhaps I shouldn't be blogging at work....bye now!

No comments: