Tuesday, May 1, 2012

In the Mean Time

Did you know there are two definitions of the word "Intern?"

a. A student or a recent graduate undergoing supervised practical training.
b. To confine, especially in wartime.

Well, it may not be wartime, but I can definitel say I've been confined in the meantime. And oh, how the time is mean.

I do think that "career path" is a very luxurious term, and forgive me, a bit of BS. I've had little to no choice on my "career path," which has been less of a path and more like hitchhiking. Not to be dramatic (but hey, I'm blogging, so why not?) but this internship has left me on the sketchy outskirts of town, clutching my bag as the bus comes to a stop saying "oh...no..."

I've listened to this poem a hundred times before, just wanted to make a record of it here so I never forget about it. If you haven't heard Bob Dylan's poem about Woody Guthrie, and you've ever struggled, ever, you'll be happy that you did.

1 comment:

SC said...

Career hitchhiking--I like that. Keep your thumbs up.

And this poem is simply the best.