Friday, August 21, 2009

Why Hillary Clinton Makes Me Hate the Things I Love- The Official Record

So the past couple days I have been wandering the city of DC. Over the course of these adventure, I have found myself twice stranded under some apparatus, trying to keep dry from a storm. This is just one of those stories.

Today I decided that I would go to see the Embassies. My intentions were so pure. So innocent. I wanted to go take pictures of the embassies of my friends countries, so they would know that I am thinking of them, and am always thinking of them. So I packed a sandwich, and brought my Danish flag to take a picture with when I reached the Danish Embassy.

When I made it to the the central location of the embassies, I was greeted with torrential rainfall. I ran to a bus stop, where I sat for 20 minutes waiting for the rain to pass, munching on my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Yum. That is all I have had to eat (besides Goldfish crackers) all week. I am extremely bored.

So after the rain passed I journeyed to find the Danish Embassy. I passed every embassy, but had trouble deciphering which country was which, as every flag was drenched with rain, and wrapped around their poles. Every time I looked it up on my IPhone, it said that it could not route me. So I tread on. For one hour. Walking. The rain started and stopped, and soon I was covered with a mix of sweat and rain. Finally, I climbed a tall hill, which was covered on both sides of me by heavy metal fences.

Heavy metal fencing #1: The Italian Embassy. An ugly, ugly building...free from any frills, or really anything to look at.

Heavy metal fencing #2: The Danish Embassy. Side by side with the Italian Embassy. It is unfair to call the Royal Danish Embassy an Embassy. It is a compound. Frustrated with the lack of scenery and the abundance of walking, I waited outside the fence until 2 young Danish girls came out. (On bicycles, of course) I spoke with them a bit, and it was then that they told me I was standing in Hillary Clinton's driveway. Wow. So I took a picture and tried to shake off the bitterness of my aching feet. Apparently, that is why my IPhone was having trouble routing me. They were protecting Hillary, our secretary of state.

Side note: Was it also Bill's house? Are those two actually still married?

So I routed the fastest way I could, with very, very few pictures. So, sorry everyone, I promise I saw your embassy. I just don't know which one it was.

So that was my upbeat message of the day. Hope it gets better.

No comments: