So it has been an interesting couple of days in Denmark.
I've been sick this week, and yesterday I went to the doctor downtown. I got medicine, and I know I am beginning to feel a little better. But before that, I was incredibly feverish- hot then cold, hot then cold. Twas a pain in the neck. Not to be gross, but I have sweated through nearly all of my wardrobe, and today, I must! do laundry. I've also had a terrible headache. The doctor said she thought my tonsils were infected. Personally, I think it's just another sinus infection.
The doctor's office was quite an adventure, though. GoogleMaps (grrrr google maps) told me where to go, so I took the bus there and walked where they told me- to an apartment building. I showed a little old lady the address and she told me I needed to walk about a mile down the road. So I did. Worn, weary, and sweaty, I made it to the doctors, where there was a puppy in the waiting room! It was so cute, it really made me feel more calm. Come to find out later that this is the very purpose of these animals. I guess it is common in Denmark to have animals greet, entertain, and calm people in the waiting room. I wish it would have been a cat.... :)
So this is the length of excitement in my world right now. But on Thursday (day after tomorrow!) I will traveling to London and Sheffield with a group of friends. I am so excited to be able to see both the English country-side and the city. However, I can only bring ONE BACKPACK...what is a girl to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment