Yesterday I witnessed my first snow in Aalborg. It was quite cold, and it discouraged me from going outdoors. So most of yesterday was spent indoors. In the evening, all the International Students gathered for "International Night" at the Student House. I was expecting a small group of people just chatting, but when we arrived, it seemed like the most happening place in town! There are just under 200 internationals here, and I've probably met roughly half ; ) It is great fun to meet people from other countries.
My Italian Friend, Oscar. He speaks very good English!
After International night,I went dancing with two of my friends from Britain, and one from South Africa! Their accents are much nicer than mine. I envy them! It seems that I run into other internationals all over town, and meet tons of new people everyday. I suppose that is one of the advantages to going to Aalborg, which has a large number of internationals.
These are my British friends, Howard and Tim. Tim is the tall one and also reguarly uses a handkerchief. How charming!
This morning was pretty relaxed, I attended one class, and went to the student store to purchase a few essentials. Their notebook paper is so different! It looks like graphing paper. I walked home and spent the rest of the evening in the Kollegium, where dinner was prepared for us by a couple of Danish Residents who have lived in the Kollegium for several years. They prepared chili, and served it over rice, which I found amusing. The chili was also sweet. On the side was mashed potatoes and more bread. I can't believe the amount of carbs they eat! I suppose they need the energy though. I, myself, walk at least forty minutes minimum a day.
Perhaps all the walking is to burn off all those Danish Pastries!! These shops are completely empty at night, then you wake up and BAM! They are full. I have yet to try one! I will on Monday morning, when I head downtown to take care of business such as a cell phone!
More pictures are sure to follow, and I'm sorry I'm not a better photographer : ) Well, to those in the states, take care, and drive somewhere, anywhere, and think of me! I miss my car : (

No comments:
Post a Comment